TRADESWHERK is our community awareness campaign to highlight and encourage increased training and employment opportunities for women in the skilled trades, including construction, manufacturing, transportation and more.
- Grow community awareness of the benefits of more women in the skilled trades
- Foster intentionality in encouraging and welcoming area women to these rewarding and growing fields
- Increase participation of women in related training programs locally and regionally
- Develop partners to help increase local apprenticeships and internships for women in the skilled trades
- Attract, track and highlight those who train, hire and promote women in the skilled trades
Did You Know?
- Only 3% of workers in the skilled trades are women
- Skilled trades’ jobs expected to grow by over 17%
- There is a critical shortage of workers in the skilled trades
- Skilled trades provide solid pay opportunities
- It’s the pHERfect time to enter the skilled trades
October is Careers in Construction Month (CICM)!
CICM is a nationwide campaign held annually to increase public awareness of construction careers and inspire the next generation of craft professionals – including women & girls!
Women in Construction Month: March 5-12, 2023
Kerwyn Jones Wilson
Join our TradeswHERk Team
Yes! This powerful campign could benefit from your involvement. Join the TradeswHERk Team by contacting Barbara Wescott at email@example.com.