TRADESWHERK is our community awareness campaign to highlight and encourage increased training and employment opportunities for women in the skilled trades, including construction, manufacturing, transportation and more.
- Grow community awareness of the benefits of more women in the skilled trades
- Foster intentionality in encouraging and welcoming area women to these rewarding and growing fields
- Increase participation of women in related training programs locally and regionally
- Develop partners to help increase local apprenticeships and internships for women in the skilled trades
- Attract, track and highlight those who train, hire and promote women in the skilled trades
Did You Know?
- Only 3% of workers in the skilled trades are women
- Skilled trades’ jobs expected to grow by over 17%
- There is a critical shortage of workers in the skilled trades
- Skilled trades provide solid pay opportunities
- It’s the pHERfect time to enter the skilled trades
Kickoff Event: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 11am-2pm, in partnership with Lively Technical and TCC Workforce Dev
11am-12pm: Welcome & Discussion
12-12:30pm: Refreshments & Networking
12:30-2pm: Tour of Lively Technical College (along with opportunities to tour TCC Workforce Development by future appointment)